Sometimes networking is difficult for me, and yet I love connecting, it is really the entire reason for Amused Woman Studios, to connect. But as a creative and an energetic being who can feel all the feels, sometimes large groups can be difficult, and I could also easily be happy painting in my hermit's hideaway. And what can also be difficult is explaining the spiritual AND creative EXPERIENCE that I weave for my beloveds when they come to the studio. Explaining that and all of my training and background takes much more than a 30-60 second elevator speech. They are not my favorite, I think I have a pretty good one happening these days.
It doesn't really even begin to scratch the surface of what I do. I can't say I have a paint and sip studio, because I am far from that. And yet I gather women together to paint and sip (coffee and tea) and eat chocolate. But it is so much more than that, and I could have easily given up on this networking thing, assuming no one "gets me". That is what the me who wasn't fully in her alignment even just a few years ago would have done.
BUT I PERSIST.
Because I really do love to connect. And now I have come to be completely authentic, use my own language without sugarcoating anything and saying exactly who I am and what I am about. And you know what? The people who resonate with my words, it's like a lightening-bolt of energy, of recognition, of remembrance of connection at a soul level. And there is nothing quite like when you realize someone hears you, and gets you.
But that doesn't always happen in the flash of lightning, sometimes it takes time, and spending more one on one time with people to get to know each other. It doesn't mean the ones who aren't lightening connections aren't for you, it just means it may take a little longer to understand and know each other.
And so I invite.
I invite women to come sit and chat one one one with me and experience the space I have set for women to self-express and create, and to remember who they are at a soul level, and of course to connect. And this is without even creating anything, just the space is enough to create a deep connection and a remembrance.
Recently, I had a woman in the studio, one I have known for several months, and explained what I did, but it wasn't until she stepped into my studio, looked around and said, "well, this is not Van Gogh's Sunflowers is it?" In that moment, she got it, she got the energy of it. And it is not your mama's paint and sip. I do not teach women how to make a cookie cutter copy of something that has been done a million times before. Although, I honor those processes if it means a woman will go be creative and hang with her sisters when she otherwise wouldn't.
But that is not what I do.
In fact, I remember when I was still running around with the story that I wasn't an artist, going to one of those and leaving in tears. There is nothing like the Inner Critic rearing her ugly head because I could not reproduce what the teacher was standing there doing, and everyone else could. Rather than getting out of my head and creating, I was spinning in my head, the old art teacher story, the one who told me that I couldn't do art. For me, once I learned with some patient teachers that being intuitive, slowing down, and creating something from my own soul, not some copy, was much more for me. And so I carry the lineage of Intentional Creativity which is designed to do just that. It is not about museum art, it is about accessing the contents of your soul, using art as the tool and as the medicine to transform the story.
I say all this because I am weaving together a few stories.
- Connection is crucial- don't give up on it, just because you are not understood at first, sometimes it takes time. Do not hide or go hermit.
- Don't wait to be invited, invite. Spend the time making deeper connections, one woman at a time if necessary. See each other.
- Stand in your power, be authentic, use your words, and shine your light. You are magic.
- We are all creative, born creative. Sometimes all it takes is permission to not be perfect and to be more intuitive and fluid to unleash it. And once you do it is unleashed in all aspects of your life.
- Intentional Creativity is not about museum art, or even the final outcome, it is about the journey and what you discover about yourself.
- And even though I am not a paint and sip, I can curate a customized experience for your group that can go as deep as you wanna go on your journey, or be fluid, free and fun. So please reach out if you want to get together with your soul sisters for a fun evening, that brings you closer in your relationships. I would be so grateful if you would consider supporting me.
- And did I mention, I am an art supply junkie, and life is too short for cheap art supplies? In my classes, you are using the highest end paint and supplies available, not giant pump gallons of cheap acrylic paint. What that means is there is layering, beauty and vibrancy of color in your projects, that you do not get with cheap art supplies no matter how skilled an artist you are.
I know not all of you are local, I do have one virtual experience, and more are being filmed. But I do hope that you receive value from the discussion on connecting, because in the end that is what it is really all about, and so if you have gifts to share in the world, and sacred work to do, I highly encourage you to get out, connect in person, and find your people.
As always, I am here and available to connect, in person or virtual, I love to spend time getting to know each and every one of you.