I was in a conversation with a woman this week, she was trying to understand better what I do, because she thought maybe she had a friend who could use my guidance. One thing I told her is I guide women towards remembering who they are, and also to get clarity on what their own heart and soul desires are, not everyone else's. And she said, well she doesn't know what her heart and soul desires are, that is the problem. So how do you do this?
Actually our Inner Wisdom Knows Exactly What Our Heart and Soul Desires
But we have to remember first. We have to remember who we are and what we desire underneath all the masks we wear and the roles we play, all the external messages we have received that told us how we should be, do, act, feel. So how do we do that? Here are some ways:
- Stepping out of the day to day to-do list and taking some quiet time is an absolute must. You cannot connect to your inner wisdom, or remember anything when your day is filled with checking things off a to-do list, whether those things bring your closer to a goal or not. If you are going to bed thinking about all you have to get done the next day, and wake up immediately thinking about the to-do list you are not listening to what YOU need. Start and end your day by deep breathing and connecting in, and asking what you need to receive. You will get an answer from your heart when you do this with consistent practice.
- Spend some time in reflection and take yourself back to when you were a little girl, can you remember who and what you were like before you took on everyone's version of who you are? Journal on this, make a list of the things you did and loved as a child, what was your personality like? If you have trouble remembering what you were like before you were told who you were, I may be able to help you reach that part of yourself. Creativity has a way of quickly accessing our Inner Little Girls. (photo above is proof owl is my totem animal, and wisdom and perception is something I was born with, its part of my assignment). I also was always a ham for the camera (and now I avoid pictures) and I was a huge flirt from a teeny age, I flirted with everyone. Do you something your little girl would have done and thoroughly enjoyed. Do it this week.
- Sometimes remembering who we are is an exercise in knowing who and what we are NOT (and honoring that). Make a list of traits and things you are definitely NOT.
- Get out into nature and spend some time asking the animals and trees. They have a deep knowing.
- Take time to honor your gifts, spend some time reflecting on what you are naturally good at and realize that not everyone has these same gifts, they are uniquely yours. I will be sending you a creative practice to get some clarity on this.
- Reflect on times you were asked to do things that you knew were not in your integrity, what were those things, how did it make you feel when you were forced to do it anyway? How did it feel in your body? How can you be in your sovereignty and say no the next time you are asked to do something that is not aligned with your soul?
I hope you take the time to work with at least one of these inquiries this week, and I would love to hear about your experiences with it. And as always if I can support you in any way please reach out.